To join the Historic Fairhaven Association, or renew your membership:
Download a PDF Membership Enrollment form to print and mail,
OR – Enroll online with your credit card.
The Historic Fairhaven Association (HFA) is a non-profit, all volunteer organization founded in 1972 to promote the Fairhaven area while preserving its historic character. The Historic Fairhaven Association board of directors and members work together year round to promote the success of the district.
It’s About Community: A group of business owners, non-profit organizations, and individuals who provide time, funds, and intellect to support the preservation and business success of the Fairhaven district.
It’s About Value:
Value for your BUSINESS
Value for our COMMUNITY
Value for our VISITORS
Membership dues are leveraged to reach and draw thousands to Fairhaven through fundraising events promoting the success of this district through advertising, press relations, brochures, district beautification, website presence, holiday decorations, and events. We look forward to your participation and the value you bring to our community in support of these efforts.
Additional Membership Benefits
- Historic Fairhaven Updates: Bi-weekly Email Updates keep you informed of key business news in Fairhaven
- HFA Card Program (Optional): HFA members have the opportunity to advertise and offer specials, discounts, or deals that are available to any cardholding Active Member/Active Member Employee. Cards are limited to the number of employees/owners. Charitable Organizations are limited to 25 cards. This program is optional and reciprocity is not a requirement. In addition to the benefit of holding a card, your advertised offer helps drive business that may not normally be driven your way from other HFA members. The list of participating HFA businesses and the specials offered is available online at www.fairhaven.com
- Annual Window Placard: HFA provides businesses with a window decal that proudly displays your membership in the Historic Fairhaven Association for the current membership year.
- Monthly Merchant Meetings: Merchant meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month for the benefit of members. It’s a chance to network with other members, get to know your neighbors and hear information on key topics concerning Fairhaven.
- Co-op Marketing Opportunities: HFA Marketing Committee designs periodic co-op advertisements and other marketing ideas to supplement your marketing budget
- Participation at Fairhaven Festivals/Events: Members receive preference, advance notification and discounts on available vendor space at all Fairhaven Festivals, and participation in Special Events and Gallery Walks.
- Attendance at Annual Membership Meeting: Typically held in March at a Fairhaven Restaurant
- Yearly Distribution of the Fairhaven Map: Helps to bring visitors to Fairhaven
- Historic Fairhaven Festival: HFA decorates the district with lights and organizes events and activities from Thanksgiving to Christmas to help attract visitors to Fairhaven
- Happier Hour: Mingle with fellow HFA members on a quarterly basis at a local establishment.
- A Clean and Welcoming Environment: Includes hanging flower baskets and other beautification projects
All HFA memberships are renewed annually in June for the July 1st-June 30th dues year. If you join or renew from June through September, dues are 100%. If you join as a new member from October through December, they are 75%; January through March are 50%; and April through May are 25%. Dues remain at 100% year round for renewing members.
Dues are based on Membership Type. Participation in the Advertising Support is optional—however, the more businesses that contribute toward advertising, the better job we can do with exposure for us all!
Individual and Charitable organizations are $50/year.
Business of 1-5 owners/employees is $95/year; 6-15 is $125/year; 16 + is $150/year.
Suggested advertising support amounts are from $100 to $300.
Download the PDF Membership Enrollment form to print and mail,
OR – Enroll online with your credit card.
Questions? Email Tina Schwindt and Eric Smith at email@example.com.